Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another addiction!

We all have things we can't live without, right? Through this blog you will start to realize my addictions. You already know about my fondness for decorating blogs, birds, and cats. Well, I also stockpile magazines. I can't help it. I have stacks and stacks of magazines. Some of them date back to 2001. I am not lying. I know the sensible thing to do is rip out the pages you love, but I can't part with any of the magazine. When I see things I like, I keep the whole thing. I have piles and piles of magazines all over my house. Occasionally I will go through them and get rid of a few but it never makes much of a dent. There should be a support group for this.


Here's the current pile of things I haven't read. I have a sort of crazy method to my madness. I gather up a whole bunch of them and spend a day looking through them for ideas and inspiration. Usually it's just a day that I need to take a break from the world. I used to read a ton of books, but I don't sit still long enough to read books much anymore. When I can lay on a beach for a week I will read books. Magazines work perfect for me because I get get up numerous times to check laundry, talk on the phone, clean, blog, etc. and not feel like I have to go back a page or two. You will also notice that in this pile is a FLOR catalog. I love a few of the catalogs that I get on a usual basis too. They are always included in my file of rainy day magazines. 

What do you stockpile?
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...