Friday, July 8, 2011

Foodie Friday


Our first Foodie Friday is going to be a recipe that I originally found here. It's exactly the recipe that I use, but I use basil instead of oregano. Either one would work. 


Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, or basil
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 teaspoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 450 F. Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with parmesan, oregano, and salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until tomatoes are tender. I bake them for 15-20 until the cheese is brown and bubbly.

These are great served with a steak or chicken breast and about as easy as you can get. Tomatoes will be in season soon so you will have a new recipe to use for them!

For my next Foodie Friday I will have pictures of my own for a simple recipe you can make in the crockpot and eat for lunches and dinners for the week!

Stacy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...