Saturday, May 28, 2011

Come visit my neighborhood!

My husband and I have lived in Northeast Minneapolis for almost thirteen years now. We moved here from South Minneapolis seeking a quieter more relaxed life. We love our neighborhood for it's mix of people, fabulous art, and sense of community. If you are ever in search of a place to visit, please consider coming to Minneapolis. Contact me and I will show you all of the great things we have to offer. If you already live here then you know how lucky we all our to live in this beautiful city. I wanted to show you a few of my favorite places to walk to in our neighborhood. If you haven't been over here, come for a visit!


My absolute favorite place in the neighborhood!
The Coffee Shop Northeast is a great place to meet friends for coffee and really yummy food, or bring your computer and study or look at blogs. The atmosphere is friendly, the people are nice, and the food is spectacular. Seriously...my favorite place in the hood!


Who doesn't LOVE a good old fashioned bakery? Umm, I DO!
Sarah Jane's Bakery is my pick for old fashioned goodies. Bring some of the maple bars to your older, crabby neighbors. I guarantee you will be friends for life.


Next, let's walk down to Crafty Planet and buy some of the latest fabric, or take a sewing class. They offer knitting, crocheting, embroidery, and sewing classes. Sew yourself a new summer skirt! Crafty Planet is an independently run shop and I love to support them. I'm so happy to have them in our neighborhood!


Are you more of a vintage kind of girl? No sewing required when you stop into Rewind. They're website is currently down, but I will update the link when it is up again. Plan on spending a lot of time in Rewind. They are loaded to the gills with clothing, shoes, jewelry and sunglasses. Even if you don't wear vintage, you WILL find something to take home. I promise.



More food. Hazel's is where you must go for breakfast on a lazy Saturday morning. When you eat the Drunkin Banana French toast you will think you died and went to heaven. Cliche, I know, but I don't care. I have never eaten something so yummy in my life. Hazel's is always busy, the ambiance is great...and you won't mind waiting once you taste their food. Yes, those are turkeys. We have turkeys that roam our neighborhood. They even follow the garbage men. Hilarious!


Not a great picture of  Amici and I apologize for that. The pizza and pasta here are fabulous. My husband and I head here often for middle of the week dinners. Grab a glass of wine and some homemade pasta but save room for the flourless chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream. The service is great here too!

If you live close I hope you'll consider visiting my neighborhood. If you live a bit further away, I'd love to hear what your favorite neighborhood places are! I love supporting my local neighborhood shops and restaurants. I don't know what I would do without them!

Happy weekend!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...