Monday, July 11, 2011

Celebrations...creative cakes!

I love making fancy cakes for any occasion. I've gotten out of it the past few years because I couldn't come up with anything creative so I went on a search, and here is what I found!

I would imagine that this cake would be considered a cake for kids. I, personally, would make this cake for anyone! It has all of my favorite candy, plus cake rolled into one! Could it get any better?


Oh how I love red velvet cake! I think this recipe is so great for a backyard barbecue with friends, or a picnic with the kids. Keep in mind that you could do this with ANY cake! Even a mix cake...


This cake looks so good and I love that you can make it in little ramekins. Remember, you can make it in a bigger pan so don't fret if you don't have a set of ramekins. I love the combination of raspberry and lemon and I think these would be great for summer!


Have you tried making cake balls yet? They are so easy! Look at this cute idea! Fun if you have kids or if you're just a big kid at heart. Be creative! I also like making cake balls and packaging them up in a little box and giving them to friends or neighbors just for fun. I love baking and it's nice to share so I don't do all of the eating...


I say if all else fails, make a cake or cupcakes from a mix, die the frosting a bright color and call it a day. Otherwise just use lots of colorful sprinkles like this and you're good to go!


Any effort you make to make a holiday special goes a long way. I don't think people in our generation do special things like this enough anymore. It's so easy to go out and buy something, but making it is more fun...and it means more to people too. It tells them they are worth your time.

Speaking of worth your time, my 30th (plus ten years) is coming up next month. I will gladly take any of the above cakes for that special, yet depressing, occasion. Feel free to get started on it soon! I promise I'll share.

Stacy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...