Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Strawberry Pickin'

  It is that time of year. Finally. I never thought we would get a crop of anything up here in Minnesota this year with the rainy, cold spring and summer we have had to date. Alas, summer is finally here, albeit at the end of June. :)

  Yesterday, after the girls (Avery & Arianna) successful morning at sewing camp (at Sewtropolis of course), my friend Ilona and I took them strawberry picking. We went out to Afton Apple where they are growing more than just apples. They have strawberries ready for picking now, raspberries coming up and of course apples in the fall. What a fun few hours spent in the sun! Not to mention the wonderful smells in the car on the way home.Now I just can't wait to make some jam. Ilona is sharing her recipe with me... and I will be sure to share the process of making it with you later!





 We couldn't miss it! 


Tractor dude.. taking us out to the fields... 


A picking we will go... 
The fruits of our labor.. :) 

The perfect berry. Yum.



 Yum!

Now, off to make some jam! 

 Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...