Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The kitchen I want...with a few changes.

I will start by saying that I will probably never have a kitchen that looks like this. I have no plans of moving from my tiny home in the city and a kitchen like this would not fit here. I like looking at pictures of kitchens that I love and then perfecting it for me. Who knows what might happen someday! I might win the lottery or something. I suppose for that to happen I'd have to buy a ticket. I've bought one in my whole life and it wasn't a winner so I gave up. You'll get used to how I am! I'm an instant gratification sort of girl. It's unfortunate, I know.


Here's the kitchen I love. It's not overly huge and seems completely attainable for the average person. I like white, but I would add more black. I'll show you that in a minute.

I would quickly get rid of the pot rack hanging over the island and hang two of these lights instead. I'm not a fan of that pot rack at all. It clutters the kitchen and I prefer a cleaner look. I can't link you to this because I found it a long time ago and I'm not sure where. You can buy something similar at Ikea on a budget!



Next I would put black subway tile in for the backsplash. I love the contrast of black and white in a kitchen and it looks really clean and polished. That's just my opinion. People have a love/hate relationship with black.


Last I would stain the floor really dark like this. Again, I love the contrast of white and black. Obviously this isn't black, but it's ALMOST black and I love the look. The stain they chose for the kitchen floors is way too traditional for me. I'm not fond of  the honey colored stain. That being said, it's the color that my floors are throughout my house. Insert frowning face here. If I didn't have to find a place for four animals during the refinishing process, I would have my floors redone. I'll just wait until I win the lottery for that.

I like to go here and look at kitchens. You will find everything from modern to country. 

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...