Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Autumn is in the air...

After a really hot Minnesota summer, I'm looking forward to Fall. There have been a couple of nights that have had a chill in the air that is, unmistakably, telling me that Fall is coming. It's always bittersweet for me because it means Summer is over and Winter is coming...and I'm not looking forward to Winter. For now, though, I will live with my head in the clouds and just continue to look forward to Fall!

A drive up North to Duluth in the Fall is beautiful. The colors will pop right out at you if you time it just right. I love having a chilly picnic in the Fall with sandwiches and a glass of wine.


I look forward to mums and pumpkins on the front steps. Look at this beautiful porch! I wish I had a huge front porch and could do a display like this. I'm so jealous!


Take a look at these cute pumpkins too! I love them! Have you made pumpkins into flower pots before? I have, and it's easy. The easiest way to do it is to hollow out the pumpkin and stick in a little mum that is still in the pot. It makes a great hostess gift!


And what is Fall without having a group of good friends over for a big bowl of chili? I found this recipe and will have to try it in the next couple of weeks.There's no way I could use chicken legs so I will substitute chicken breast for that. Make some guacamole and get out the corn chips and that's all you need for a party! Well, a couple of beers would be good too!


It's going to be 82 degrees in Minneapolis today. I will get some weeding done, enjoy the sunshine, get a little tan and think of Fall.

-Stacy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...