Monday, May 9, 2011

RUN don't walk to buy this...

If you know me, you know that I like to clean. Don't mistake this with liking to pick up the house...in no way do I like "picking up." I like the actual process of getting things clean. Since Alyssa and I both house a small zoo at each of our homes, I am concerned about keeping things pretty sanitary. I have 3 cats and a dog and if I could get them to wear shoes while outside or in the litter box, believe me...I would! About 5 years ago I became pretty obsessed with using environmentally friendly cleaning products. I worry about my husband and I...but I also worried about our critters. I have never liked PineSol or other harsh chemical cleaners. Mostly because I cannot stand the smell. I have switched over to all environmentally friendly products and they clean just as well as regular cleaners. I won't lie...there are times when using environmentally friendly products require using more elbow grease but I am okay with that. The only thing I cannot give up is bleach, and I only use it once a week or so to bleach my sink. Otherwise I have switched over to peroxide. You do know that it's the miracle cleaner, don't you? Swish it in your mouth while you are in the shower a few times a week and it bleaches your teeth for CHEAP. However, my favorite thing about it is that you can use it on your carpets or rugs and it does not take the color out...only the stain!

My new find (within the last few months) is this:



I cannot tell a lie, I am addicted. It is what you must run to buy! I use the Grassy Mint on my body (yes, it is for body and home!) and the Pomegranate Acai for my home. Clean your floors, bathroom, kitchen and everything that needs cleaning with this. Your house will smell amazing and when you buy it they will donate 10% of the profits to support Seeds of Peace. You clean while teenagers from opposite sides of conflicting countries learn how to come together and talk instead of being enemies. It's a win-win situation! You can buy this at your local co-op. If you don't have access to a co-op, I know that Whole Foods also carries it. It may seem pricey at $13 for 34 ounces, but you must remember that it is super concentrated! If you are unable to find this soap, another product I like is this:



I may be partial to this brand because it was created by a Minnesota woman. I have oodles of respect and admiration for her because she was one of the pioneers of yummy smelling cleaning products. You can even find these products at Target these days and they are reasonable. About $7.99 for a 32 ounce super concentrated bottle of it. You won't regret buying this.

I will leave you with another eco-friendly cleaning tip: Go buy a cheap spray bottle. Fill it with two cups of alcohol and one cup of warm water. Be sure to mark the bottle "window cleaner" and go clean every window in your house. Just don't do it when the sun is beating on the window...you WILL get streaks. Been there done that. This stuff is cheap and works great! Beats Windex.

Happy Washing!
Stacy


You can buy this on Etsy. If you'd like to get one for me, I prefer mine in grass green :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...