Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Well hello, time management! It's nice to finally meet you!

I don't know about you, but I have huge time anxieties. I feel like I never have enough time to get everything done and then I end up doing things at the very last minute. That makes for a very stressful life. I adopted a method called The Pomodoro Technique a few years ago without even knowing it had a special name. I would set my timer for 30 minutes and tackle one specific project for that amount of time. Most of the time I was shocked at what I could get done. I ran into the website for this technique a while back and decided to share it with you. It is a very simple time management method. I'm only suggesting that you get some ideas from this technique. Use what works for you and don't use what doesn't. I will tell you that if you use this technique, you will get things done. It's a great tool to use to stay focused on a project and not do too much multi-tasking. Do you know that multi-tasking is proving not to be such a great thing? While it does allow you to boast about all of the things you're working on, it seldom allows you to boast about what you have gotten DONE! 

Do you wonder what a Pomodoro is? It means "Tomato" in Italian. You've seen these cute timers, right?


If you don't have one of these...you have no excuse. All you need is a timer! So go to The Pomodoro Technique website and start using your time wisely. You'll be glad you did!

-Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...