Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Quick trip to Memphis...

So, I was recently in Memphis. Yes, I have been to Disney World, Copenhagen and now Memphis in the last 4 weeks. I am pooped and ready to hunker down at home for awhile. Memphis was a fabulous mini - 4 day trip with my husband. He was working..... which means I get to explore.

Actually, the reason I went along on this trip was that it was our 4-year-anniversary. He had booked himself to moderate at a conference and was realizing that it was going to screw up his schedule with his son. I looked at him and smiled and said, "Oh, honey. I think you are missing something a little bigger than that on that week.' He quickly goes back to his calendar and looks again. Then looks at me and is still confused.  At that point I took him out of his misery and reminded him that we will have been married for 4 years that Monday. Oh, how the time flies! He looked sheepsihly back at me and apologized. The next day I received an email that started out, 'Love, Would you like to go to Memphis with me?'  All-in-all, I lived up the teasing of him and still am... though I am/was not really concerned with the lack of memory. It is just a day after all. And he made up for it with these flowers...



Anyhow, I went along and had fun toodling around and checking out stores and of course eating BBQ.  My two favorite stores were Hoot & Louise and Delphinium.... Vintage, Handmade and Bare Minerals to boot! Wonderful little shops... with a cute baby boy (@ Hoot & Louise) and dog (@ Delphinium) to visit with while you are shopping.... (always a joy for me... I love the additional fun sales people.. ) 

 


We had a private tour of Graceland with his conference which was a hoot. From the design perspective that is... Check out some of our photo's....

eeeee!!! 
The fabulous living room stained glass...

 
The Dining Room.. where Elvis ate.. Wow! 

Welcome to the Jungle?? The family room... you'll note.. every room is a different theme... 


 I couldn't leave without a photo of an outfit... that would be sooo sacrilegious! 

Eric, I and The King of Rock.. Our private moment... :)

The last few things from the trip... My new favorite hotel.. The Peabody.. What a wonderful place and they have ducks to boot... Yes, I am a sucker for any place with animals.. 


Isn't she a cutie! Showing off her color... 

Enjoy my trip to Memphis and check out Hoot & Louise on Facebook - Anna the owner is just a doll.. and Delphinium at www.Delphiniumboutique.com

Ciao for now... Coming soon... My week of projects..

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...